My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Colony Farm Regional Park Community Gardens, Coquitlam, BC, Canada



I needed to get out in the sunshine to get my sense of being back yesterday. I'm not sure where that sense goes ... maybe it takes a nice vacation to somewhere with white sandy beaches and turquoise water. Shame it never asks me to pack a bag and come along. Apparently we need to have a talk about that.

I wandered around the community gardens at Colony Farm Regional Park early enough in the morning to catch the dew on the plants. I was amazed ... that gaping thing I do.

I just wanted to absorb this infusion of well being and not spend the time setting up cameras and lenses and all the geegads that go along with it. The colours are brighter than life, and they are proud of it. The red on the just-opening poppies is almost too much to believe is true. A richness beyond any wealth, a beauty beyond words or a camera capture.

The place is alive right now with nesting swallows and the sound of meadowlarks. I think this is where the idea of an Eden came from. It even smells like life. Sweet and new with promise.

I found this unique entrance to someone's garden plot and thought how fitting it was to the place. No walls can contain this ephemeral beauty, no door can be opened to show it to you. It's just there and just is.

My sense of being returned from vacation, next time it should stay home and come play with me instead.

12 comments:

Susannah Anderson said...

Love the doorknob!

And, ohhhh, how I would love to go and watch those swallows!

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I am glad you grabbed my attention, your site is great. I thought at first you had put the doorknob there. Beautiful photo. Glad your sense of being returned from vacation.

Unknown said...

Very Nice Post!

Shantanu said...

Very well written! And the pic caught my attention and for a moment thought you had superimposed the knob on the garden.

Anonymous said...

That's a cool looking picture. The know in the garden for some reason reminds me of a fantasy movie. I like it.

Ele ^_^ said...

Very nice blog.. And great pictures.. congratulation!! See you ^_^

Dave said...

Love all your pictures, very serene :)

Shaikh Taufiq said...

Beautiful picture...insightful post...

Michele said...

It is wonderful to see another blog that encompasses the beauty of British Columbia so magically. You have a wonderful blog... absolutely stunning!
Fishing Fiesta

Anonymous said...

nice picture! for a moment i thought i was in the meadow.

i may visit the park after allergy season is over!! :)

curryegg said...

Wow! You've such a beautiful collection of photos here. I really enjoy looking on them. Great job!
:D

rob said...

Thats a great photo.