My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Best Places to See in BC, Old Growth Trees


I've traveled a fair bit in BC.
Documenting the province has
become a passion of mine. Some call
it an obsession.
The one thing that stands out for me
above all others are the old growth trees.
They're getting harder and harder to find.
No doubt there are some left.
I think it's extremely important to document them
photographically.
Where they are located will remain with me.
I can keep Mother Nature's secrets.

Wind, rain, and the unfortunate hand of man
will make these magnificent trees a thing of
memory and legends in times to come.
To be close to one of these trees is to touch
our past. It's who we are.

I have no idea how old this particular tree is.
The privilege to stand in the presence
of such age, beauty and grace is life changing. It makes you
want to draw all that is precious in life close to your
heart and protect it forever.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen, I've been in several of those forests. It is indeed life changing!
Takes my breath away.