My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Thinking Blogger Award




I've been going through a creative dry spell lately. No idea why or how it sneaks up on you and robs you of "the touch."

I think passion will pull me through this. So as I come to terms with being human and not perfect, I receive this very nice award, The Thinking Blogger Award. Wow ... I am honoured.

The Thinking Blogger was started by Ilker Yodas at The Thinking Blog, a pretty kewl site itself. The award was passed to me by Shebert from Ghosts in the Machine, another great site I enjoy stopping by and reading some thought provoking articles. It's called a meme -- something I had to look up, so that got me thinking.

I have read so many great blogs lately, so where to start. Well, I don't really have to start, it's already been started. I just have to narrow all the ones I love reading down to 5. And hopefully the snowball rolls downhill and anyone I miss can be caught up further along. Who said blogging was dull?!

In nominating these 5* blogs, I want to make it clear that they are under no obligation to accept the award, link back to me, or even carry on the meme. It's simply my little way of showing respect for some amazing people that put so much of themselves on the internet...to help or inspire one single person is truly a life changing experience.

Nicholas at Six Degrees of Inspiration is truly inspiring, beautiful photos, music and words
that truly offer a eden of time spent on the internet.

The Far Corner is always an interesting read on many different topics and levels, a pleasure
to visit!

EJ Cooksey writes Home Schooling in the Ozarks. Filled with all kinds of creative ideas for
teaching children about the real world outside of 4 walls. She has my upmost admiration for
her passion!

Erik Hare at Authors Den is an author with some thought provoking and inspirational writing.

Silken writes Places to Go .. and has all kinds of sites on the net I never even dreamt of. I
love it when people spend the time to find good and interesting sites and then pass them
along for others to enjoy. Thank you!

If you have a chance to drop by these blogs and spend a few mintues, you will see why they deseve the "Thinking Blogger" award.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Should the blogs choose to participate, please make sure to pass the rules on to the next Thinking Blogs you tag.

The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).


Thinking Blogger Award

8 comments:

Sharon E. Herbert said...

So glad you nominated "The Far Corner", as it is also one of my favourites. It's so difficult to choose just 5!

silken said...

Thanks!! I am honored that you chose me...now to find only 5 others to pass on! I'll be posting mine soon!

silken said...

hm, my comments are not showing up...

thank you for the award! I am putting up my post now. I can't find the code for the award badge though. any tips??

thanks so much!

Doug said...

Congratulations and very well deserved I might add. I have now blogrolled you on my blog too, I hope you don't mind.

Karen Cooper said...

Thanks Sharon!
Silken -- I've left you the links on your site.
Doug -- I don't mind at all -- I am honoured!

Thank you all. :)

Robyn McMaster, PhD said...

No wonder you received this award with the thoughtful way you discuss your environment in B.C. Your photos are equally beautiful expressions. I'll be back often and I'm connecting to you through the BlogCatalog. :-)

Karen Cooper said...

Thanks Robyn -- I am truly gifted to be living in this amazing world with so much beauty. Glad I can share it with people through photography.

ClearlyEnlight, said...

Congrats