My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Monday, August 15, 2011

Best Places to See in BC, The Elaho River


I've just recently heard about the
Elaho River in British Columbia. And of course
I had to go check it out for myself.

After spending several days in the
area I have to admit to being overawed
at the gigantic beauty of this whole region.
The Elaho River is a tributary of the
Squamish River which originates
at the Pemberton Icefield.
In places the Elaho is gentle and
sublime. In others she is wild and
virtually untamed.
She is one of the foremost rivers in
BC for whitewater rafting and kayaking.
She is a beautiful shade of turquoise which
means a glacier fed river.

Seldom am I
short for words to describe the beauty
I have been privileged to see.
This is one of those times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen, yes, you did it again! I've never heard of that one either!
But I can picture it in my mind! Thanks for the image!

Karen Cooper said...

Hi Robin, I can't believe I never knew about it either. It's an incredible area and quite accessible for a great portion of the river. The upper reaches are of course quite remote with no roads. I'll post more about the other areas in that region very soon.