My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Big White, BC



I have always enjoyed finding beauty
in the unexpected.
The highest mountain in the Okanagan Valley
is called Big White. At
2,315 m (7,595 ft), she is truly magnificent
and ephemeral in the wintertime.
The Big White Ski Resort is built around the summit of
Big White Mountain.
The ice climbing tower is
a thing of beauty on Big White.
Worth the trip to gasp, "eeww" and "aahh"
over. And if you're feeling
really in shape, give it try to reach the top.
Quite the winter adventure.

3 comments:

Lorac said...

Wow! that would be a climb! Love to watch but don't think i could try it. Beautiful formation!

Unknown said...

Karen, looks like and interesting feature. That area is a lovely area of the province.

Dawn said...

INCREDIBLE!
Just stumbled across your blog and so very glad I did! You have amazing captures here....and you're my neighbor to boot;)) (I'm Albertan:)
Like your photos which are so close to here...and I may even visit your inspirational places!
Thanks. Going to add you to my blogroll...I visit BC ever year...and now have more idea of where to go next
:)