My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Friday, May 7, 2010

Britannia Heritage Shipyard, BC, Canada




Britannia Heritage Shipyard
located in Steveston, BC, Canada
is truly a unique step back in time.
Steveston was the world's busiest
deep water fishing port
at the end of the 20th century, dotted
with 15 fish canneries, hotels, saloons,
and gambling dens.
Her boardwalks reflected the voices of
Japanese, Chinese, Native Indian,
and European immigrants, as well
as sailors from around the world.
The Britannia Heritage Shipyard
is now a National Historic Site.
There is a cannery, boatyard, net loft and restored
residences here.

As you slowly wander along the boardwalk,
you can hear
the cries of seagulls, eagles,
and hushed echoes of the past.
Or was I only imaging the past
cries of fishermen who loved the
sea and make their homes along
her shores?

2 comments:

Stephanie V said...

Definitely one of my favorite places to visit. I can imagine living there in one of those waterfront apartments, too.

Susan said...

My daughter found me a lovely piece of driftwood on the beach there. She gave it to me on Mothers day for my garden.
Some wonderful photos to be had there.