My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Friday, December 4, 2009

Cold Temperatures, Vancouver, BC, December 4, 2009



There is a Special Weather Statement
out for Vancouver tonight.
The wind is making it cold.
I think we are having it
luckier than the rest of
Canada right now.
Much of the country is
under Winter Storm Warnings.Lots of snow and below zero temperatures for them.
I honestly can't figure out
all the different levels of warnings,
statements, issues and advisories.
A statement is not a warning,
but something to take notice of.
An advisory is more important than a statement.
Then there's "weather watches"
thrown into the bunch to
really confuse us further.
For me, its a 3 layer
day. Two layers for warmth
and one layer to keep the wind off.
I wonder if that falls under a watch, statement
or warning?

1 comments:

Stephanie V said...

I agree. A warning should be to help one avoid a risk to life or limb. I guess a statement is just information. Thanks... I could just walk outside and get that. And an advisory also connotes that there may be a element of danger.
Three layers sounds like a good idea. It sure is nice hiking weather, though!