My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sandy Island Provincial Marine Park, B.C., Canada



Sandy Island Provincial Marine Park
is situated in the Gulf Islands of
British Columbia, Canada.

You need to get here by boat, which is part
of the adventure.
I can't even begin to describe the beauty here.
Her essence is raw and untouched.
Winds sweep across
the grasses and caress
you with the taste of sea salt.
Birds by the hundreds swoop and
play in the tides, crabs scuttle
around your feet as you carefully
step around them, not
wanting to harm a single living thing
in this Eden.
I never spent nearly enough
time here, and I feel
her spirit is calling me back.
Something I can't ignore.

A special place on earth
that Mother Nature chooses,
for some reason, to share with
the few who are lucky enough to touch her.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, such wonderful excursions you have. I envy you!

Heather said...

beautiful picture, really draws you in.

Karen Cooper said...

Thanks Robin and Heather.

Plane Jayne said...

Wow what a beautiful picture! Do you mind me asking what lens you use for this photo?
Thanks for sharing such beautiful work.

Lisa

Karen Cooper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Cooper said...

Hi Jayne, thanks for your comment. I used a Sigma 10-20 mm wide angle lens.

Plane Jayne said...

Thanks for sharing the info! Have a great day!