My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Trans Canada Trail, British Columbia, Canada



In spite of my absence, Mother Nature is
not only alive and well, but thriving.
British Columbia in the summer time
is inspiring and
ephemeral in her beauty.
Her spirit runs through life, even
if you don't recognize it.
I always feel like like I am coming
home when I walk her miles of winding paths
and let the intricacies of intertwining summer sounds
surround me and carry me into her world.

The Trans Canada Trail will
be the longest recreational trail in the world when completed.
Today I hiked a minute part of it, the Blue Heron Trail Loop.

Ospreys greeted me at the gates this morning, lazily
circling the river in hopes of a tasty fish breakfast.
Dragonflies kept pace with my ramblings along
the dike, and blue herons watched me warily as
they perched along the reed beds patiently
waiting for a meal to swim by.

Her life is my strength, her wisdom
my inner peace.

How can anything be wrong with
a world that has this much beauty in it.

3 comments:

Heather Dugan ("Footsteps") said...

Enchanting spot. That's a trail I need to hike -and soon.

Chrissy said...

A very beautiful and serene shot.

Karen Cooper said...

Thanks Heather and Chriss.