My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Cathedrals of Granada, Nicaragua


The Cathedral is one of the most spectacular buildings in Granada. It dominates Central Park and has a view of Lake Nicaragua to boot.

The original building was destroyed by fire in 1856. I can only imagine what inferno would be responsible to wiping out a whole building of this size. Must have been pretty impressive. Get out the weinies and marshmellows.

She was rebuilt in 1880, renovated again in 1905, and when I walked by a couple days ago she was getting a new coat of paint outside. I like new clothes, too. Makes you feel dressed up and special. Just in time for Christmas.

I walked around inside of The Cathedral and peeked behind the altar. Found something that makes the rumour of the tunnel connecting the cathedrals of Granada even more solid. There is a gated and locked staircase leading underground to who knows where. No one is talking about what is down there, either. I was told not even to ask the priests for access to this area.

The mystery thickens!

San Francisco Convent/Cathedral
Xalteva Cathedral
la Merced Cathedral
Guadelupe Cathedral

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. this looks almost like a painting. Absolutely gorgeous!! And mysterious tunnels.. how intriguing. ;)

I love your blog!

Enjoy,

Teri
~

Anonymous said...

Great pic (as usual!). I guess fire was a pretty common thing during the medieval times. I know that most of London burnt down - not once - but twice, and was rebuilt again.

Heather Dugan Creative / Footsteps said...

Thank you! I'm really glad to find your site as well. Interesting, organized posts with some stunning photography(!)... I will be back often.
Heather ("Footsteps")

Anonymous said...

Great Pic.. I love your blog

Heartaday said...

Fascinating! You have to find out what's down there now, you know. *winks*

FANCY said...

Amazing picture...from an incredible country...I have never bean there...maybe some day...:-) TNX for comment :)

ଦେବାଶିଷ said...

It is beautiful seems as a painting