My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Merritt and the Great Northern Adventure


I have dreamed of going to the great northern reaches
of British Columbia for years. My visions
of vast open wild spaces have
haunted me most of my life.

I am lucky enough to be able
to travel this beautiful province of
British Columbia and in September 2013 my
dream was about to become reality.

First stop along the way
was south-central BC and the Nicola Valley.
Experiencing the immensity of 
the grasslands near Merritt is awe inspiring.
And it's quiet here. I mean .... really, really quiet.

You can hear the wind rustling the
grass in huge swaths that sweep across
the hillsides and valleys.The occasional rock or
tree breaks the rhythm of nature, heat waves
undulate and caress the blue skies.

I stayed overnight at Marquart Lake.
The skies slowly dissolve into an inky black,
the soft nighttime calls of an owl resting
in a nearby tree remain within my heart.

0 comments: