My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Colony Farm Regional Park, Coquitlam, BC, Canada



Some days you just have to get out of the square boxes we live in to remember where we came from.

I mean the wilds. Okay this is not "kill your own meat and roast it over a smokey fire" wild kind of wild.

The wild I mean is where you stand still long enough to let Mother Nature embrace you in her softest rhythms of spring happening.

Stand still long enough and the wind tells tales of times past .. of gentler times when the marshes were so full of life that we were an integral part of it.

If you really stand still long and listen hard enough -- the magick happens. It touches your soul. And you understand that there isn't really a now ... there is time flowing by and around us and the wind whispering us her secrets. We know the secrets, we just need to remember them.

I love the marshes.

4 comments:

The Merry Rose said...

hi Myself, thx for stopping by at my poetry site. the photos here are brilliant. i am going to add you to my links and reader. :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog please feel free and come again..my friend.How are you today?
http://secretofmind.blogspot.com
Franx

Anonymous said...

"We know the secrets, we just need to remember them."
This is so true! Life can get so busy, it's easy to forget to go get still now and then even if it's just in your own backyard.

Mario Antonio Herrero Machado said...

Excellent landscape. I love the marshes me too.

Mario Antonio Herrero Machado
Córdoba, Argentina.
http://flickr.com/photos/mherrero/