My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Richmond Oval Construction (Part 1) Richmond, BC, Canada

2010 Olympics, Richmond Oval Venue, Richmond, British Columbia, Canada The Richmond Oval is going to be one of the venues for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. I tried to find it today ... drove around in circles for about an hour. I finally wandered down a dead end road that never really said "Do Not Enter". I love roads like that, you find all kinds of interesting things down them.

Like this sign. Advertising the Richmond Oval. I almost never saw it. I did see a lot of construction on one of the main roads with big signs advertising a new flight school. Have to wonder why this is not more prominent. Where is the "Come and see all the great construction we are doing here with your tax dollars." signs? The kind you see on the highways that say "Your tax dollars at work" and such. I had to get lost to find this $178 million project.

Personally I'd like to be able to easily find this kind of huge project, only one venue that the province of British Columbia is paying for to host the 2010 Olympics.

I have not been able to find an official press release photo of the construction site yet. Maybe their photographer couldn't find it either.

Makes you wonder ......

0 comments: