My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Best Places to See in BC, Burns Bog Weeping Fungi


Those of us living in British Columbia
are used to seeing the many varieties
of fungi that grow on trees. I've found
some books that list over 4,000 varieties.
I get confused after a couple of dozen.
Wandering around Burns Bog
I found this "weeping fungi" on a tree.
I've never seen anything like it.
You could actually see the droplets growing larger.
They were sticky, too, not watery like you
would expect from "tears".
I found out, after snooping around on the internet,
that drops form on the mushrooms when they
go through a period of rapid growth.
The plant worlds equivalent of human
beings sweating during a workout.

Mother Nature continues to fascinate me.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing! I've seen some odd ones too, but didn't know there were that many!