My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Rocky Mountains



Experiencing the Rocky Mountains
for yourself can be
a life altering experience.
By experiencing, I mean not only seeing them,
but living in and with them.
Seeing them firsthand, again, for me,
was nearly overwhelming.

I gave up saying "oooh my gosh" and "wow" and just left my mouth
hang open in awe. Saved a lot on
the jaw muscles.

The Canadian Rocky Mountains.
Filled with hot springs, snow storms,
and some of the bluest skies I have ever seen.
My adventures here allowed me to touch a
part of her spirit and respect
her moods.
For this, I am forever changed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen, I grew up on the prairies and moved to B.C. in 1970. That was the first time I had been out of Manitoba. Imagine my awe when arriving in the mountains. And I was in complete awe! I was by myself in the car and had a hard time keeping up with travelling companions in their car, let alone staying on the road. It was definitely life changing for me as I've been out here ever since!

Unknown said...

Beautiful views!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.