My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Friday, January 28, 2011

Cathedral Grove, BC



There has been endless articles and
photos published about Cathedral Grove
on Vancouver Island.
I was not prepared to be totally
awed and overwhelmed by the
sheer size of the magnificent trees there.

They are huge ... you have to see this for yourself
to appreciate it. I spent a full
day in some very cold frosty
weather, just looking up. My photographer
inner self did not know where to look
next. My Mother Nature inner self
felt totally at peace with this environment.
Hard to come away with just 1 photo
to explain the whole range of emotions
that Cathedral Grove inspires within me.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen, you found another place that I have been to! I was in total awe with that forest. I simply don't have the words to describe it! For people to even consider logging in there is totally wrong! If that was the only forest in the world remaining it should be left as it is. I wonder at the tales those trees could tell us!

Karen Cooper said...

Hi Robin .. I totally agree. I wish I could have lived in the age when forests like this were the norm and not the exception. We must guarantee their survival at all costs, so we as humans can connect on some level to what was and what should be .... if I can preserve it by my photos then I feel I have done a very very small part in getting people to understand the grandeur of such places.