My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Rene Savenye Area, Blackie Spit Park, B.C., Canada



The Savenye Environmentally Sensitive Area
is part of Blackie Spit Park in Surrey, BC,
and is dedicated to Rene Savenye,
a passionate naturalist who
did a lot of work at Blackie Spit.
Rene was a science teacher in
Surrey, BC, and passed on his
love of nature and all things wild
to his students.
He also discovered the second
oldest fossilized march fly in the
world, which is now housed at
Simon Fraser University.
It's believed to be 45 million years old.
The area is ephemeral and
hauntingly beautiful.
I can't help but think how Mr. Savenye
would have loved the
sights and sounds here on this
life thriving spring day.

5 comments:

mo_inoh said...

great picture. I wish I could get up to Canada and take some pictures

Karen Cooper said...

It's such a diverse and beautiful country, mo ...I'm sure you would love it.

Sharon E. Herbert said...

This park looks so beautiful. And it's not too far from where I live, so must get out for a walk there soon. Thank you for introducing me to it!

Karen Cooper said...

Your welcome Sharon.

Karen Cooper said...

Thanks Pierre ... British Columbia continues to fascinate and entertain me. Thanks for looking around Boots.