My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pitt Lake, B.C. Canada


Pitt Lake, B.C. is one of the largest tidal lakes in the world. Her whole water system is a paradise, both to explore and to photograph. I don't think I've come up with a bad shot of this lovely lady. Her Spirit continues to draw me back time after time. This is one place on earth I could never forget.

I feel at home here. I can't explain it. I put a bunch of my shots together and set it to music to see if I could convey Her hold on me. I tried to pick the most spiritual, haunting music I could find. Its beautiful, and it comes close to expressing what I feel.

I will find out if I have been a success with my attempt. My show will be shown at a local theater on October 29th, along with the shows of a wonderful group of photographers I have had the privilege and honor of hanging out with over the last 3 years. They are called The Magnificent 7.

They have taught me wisdom through the eye of the camera. They have treated my work with respect and dignity. And they have helped restore my soul when it needed some TLC. Like the Pitt. Forever patient and understanding to the ways of the human psyche.

With this, I would like to thank Jack, Sigmund, Jack, Terry, Don, Eric, George, and the various other photographers that spend time here. I am honored to be included in your midst. You have taught me well.

4 comments:

S-V-H said...

very nice post, Karen!

Karen Cooper said...

Thanks Susanne!

Anonymous said...

"This is one place on earth I could never forget."

I would definitely agree to it if given a chance that I could come to the place and enjoy the pleasure it offers. Great post and love picture. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it.

Anonymous said...

nice photography, looks like a great place to relax and unwind, away from the buzzing metropolis