My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Streams in Vancouver, B.C., Canada


I went searching for something really inspiring to photograph and post. Looking for "big." Anything that would make the reader stop for a second in awe.

Where I found it was in "small." A tiny leaf making its way through pools reflecting a former life living high up on a tree. And its life to come as a soft place for, hopefully, fish eggs to nestle into and await the stirrings of life.

So many people rush by on the way to somewhere, looking for something big. I want to stop and look at the universe of the small. It feels like home here. And Mother Nature makes so much more sense in even the smallest of these small things.

I can't wait for the salmon to come. I may be dreaming and hopelessly hopeful. But I believe.

I believe good can come out of bad. That nature can recover and go on to be even better. That no matter how many times Mother Nature gets knocked down, she will stand back up again and say, "Not this time, there is too much life to live yet."

4 comments:

Martin MY said...

Amazing what Mother Nature throws into this world.

http://yamboldailypicture.blogspot.com

Karen Cooper said...

Hi Martin. Yes, Mother Nature never fails to amaze me at her resilience and beauty. It truly is an amazing world.

Pablo Romero said...

Magnificent your blog, I add to my list of favorite blogs, Could you add my blog http://misojosven.blogspot.com/ to your list and exchange visitors? Thanks and a greeting from Spain

Karen Cooper said...

Thanks Pablo. I've put you on my list as well, greetings from Canada my friend!