My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Roses & Life



In honor of the 100th posting on my blog, I decided to do something different. Okay, more different than my usual different.

I want to dedicate this post to beauty and life. We all have a different view of what beauty is. Some people get weak kneed looking at newborn kittens, some of us keel over at the sight of a hybrid rose.

For me, beauty is about the people that we share our lives with. And I mean really share. Not just the "when everything is okay we can talk" kind of people. I mean the kind of folks that will be there holding your hand when you are so down you don't know where the "up" escalator is anymore.

I have been very privileged and honored in the last few years of my life to meet such people. Just when I thought the world was totally self centered and into "me", I've met people who have reached out a hand just to say hello and I am here if you have need. Just reaching out a hand. Talking and sharing. No judgments, no "you should have's." I have had my soul touched in the deepest way, which defies words of explanation. So I won't. You all know. The journey I am on seems not only be one with a camera, but of restoring faith in life.

How can you get more beautiful than that? For these people in my life, I want to thank you. And I want to pass along a little of beauty for all of you to enjoy. My way of saying "I am here when you need."

6 comments:

S-V-H said...

Very nice picture and so touching words, Karen!

Karen Cooper said...

Thanks my friend! Hope all is well in your world!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful words, Karen - really lovely.

As always your photography is stunning and inspiring too.

Hugs, Lily

Karen Cooper said...

Thank you my friend!

Anonymous said...

To think, our journey together began nearly 23 years ago...on a remote island.

You have been my rock, my sounding board and my dearest friend.

As for these lovely words you have written, look inward, for you are every bit as precious to others.

Huggers, my chosen sister....
Rob

Karen Cooper said...

Was it 23 yrs ago?! And it seems like just yesterday that you have been part of my life forever! Thank you for your love and your graciousness, Rob.
Huggers :)