My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Honduras, Central America



I took a couple days to get through Honduras, which certainly doesn't do this jaw-dropping-incredible-scenery country justice.

There are uncountable miles of sugar cane fields set amid a backdrop of rolling hills and thunderstorms. Something out of "The Earth is Being Born" movie making material.

Hurricane Felix went through part of Honduras, wrecking havoc and lives. Life just seems so ironic and unjust sometimes. The areas effected are the hardest to reach in terms of aid and support.

I waited out Hurricane Felix in Guatemala. I am chicken of submitting myself to Mother Natures snarky moods on the world. I like peace and calm and blue skies. But to know and understand what makes life good, we need to experience the bad. Maybe not first hand anymore. I think I may be getting too old for the Hurricane Parties.

On to more serene adventures!

3 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I used to remember back when I was a young kid, we had these sugarcane field, not really a big one, just a teeny weeny one and your post brought back some very fond memories of my childhood :)

Cheryl said...

What a great place to take a stroll!

Unknown said...

I went to Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador in the summer of 2006 and I had a fantastic time. I'll be back definetly. Nice one.