My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Colony Farm Regional Park, Coquitlam, BC, Canada



I've been spending a lot of time at Colony Farm Regional Park lately. Mainly because it's a quick 10 minute drive from where I live and I can get a quick nature fix.

The summer weather is almost here. So many plants are blooming and there is new life sprouting up all over the place. Makes me feel part of the living world to just go and listen to birds telling each other where the next great yummy treat is waiting.

This area is so full of life it humbles my senses. I was walking through an open field and had a coyote run within a few dozen yards of me. Don't know which one of us was more surprised. Beautiful animals .. shame we have squished their habitat to these small areas to have to exist in. I would love to know a time when these magnificent animals could run free and not to worry about getting hit by cars. Or having to make their next meal on Fido's and Fluffy's from the back yard to exist. Given half a chance Mother Nature can live in harmony and rapore with the essense of life. Human man peoples just keep mucking everything up.

I guess I need to get out more.

10 comments:

Susannah Anderson said...

Hi, MyBoots!

I just discovered your blog; it's great!

In many ways, it's a sister to my blog, WanderinWeeta; sort of the same topic; wanderings around the BC Mainland, except that mine is centred in Delta. I even have a list of "favourite walks" in my sidebar that overlaps yours.

I used to live close to Colony Farm. It was one of my favourite walks. Do the violet green swallows still dance over the community gardens in the afternoons?

I was just remembering it the other day, because we saw a ring-necked pheasant in a Richmond field. The only other place I have seen one is at Colony Farm.

I also used to live, for a few wonderful years, in Silverdale, overlooking the Stave River, so your posts on Ruskin, Rolley and Hayward Lakes bring back many great memories.

I'll be back! And blogrolling you.

Nellioness said...

I can't navigate away from your blog. So a "cozy room" in the blogosphere. It seems like I'm lost in the green "paradise". Thank you...

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

In that environment, I can see how you would think about the animals.
It is really pretty!

At least some "peoples" notice how special these animals are, like you! It is refreshing to see someone take the time to smell the roses. Keep up the great writing!

Ann Clemmons

http://aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com/

Must Be That Girl said...

Hi! Your blog is very beautiful! I wish my could be half as beautiful as yours. Would it be okay with you if I'll link it to my blog?

RennyBA said...

Here from BlogCatalog - thanks for adding me!

You really have a great, educational and readable blog!

This park seams to be so nice and I do agree with you: let's fight for the nature and animals to be free and not disturbed. We do the same with great success in Norway too:-)

Anonymous said...

Just taken a proper look at your blog. It's great. Beautifully presented. I've been to Canada a couple of times (Quebec City and Montreal) but would love to see more. Keep up the good work.

Rich

Mark said...

Hi, thanks for adding me in BlogCatalog. You have got some impressive scenery where you live and great pictures to boot.
I have added your blog to mine , are you happy to exchange links?

Cheers Mark

Mario said...

hey! cool you found me and I got to say I enjoy photos you made from Canada...

I am here in Spain and met few students from Canada saying about this beutiful country - so nice people are they!

But one ask - can you put pictures with bigger resulotion? like 800x600 to enjoy viewing them? cause those small are much to small

take care!

My Art Garden said...

You have a beautiful blog,the pictures are fantastic!

Berni said...

What a lovely place that sounds, my son lives in Coquitlam, next time I visit I'll ask him to take me there.

Thanks for your comment on my site. I have been so busy that I am way behind in answering people. Thanks anyway.