My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Friday, April 20, 2007

Spirit of the River #2



I think everyone finds a place in the world where you feel at peace.
Where tranquility seeps into your bones and makes your forget anything could possibly be wrong with a world that has this much beauty in it.

The Polder did it for me. Until last summer I had no idea what a polder was. It still sounds like some new exotic way to cook chicken to me.
I discovered her quite by accident. Driving along a country road one day I glanced out my window to a view that took my breath away. Scary thing to do out there since the ditches are huge. Now I do my gaping from the trails instead of the car window. Much easier on the paint job.
She has gifted me with her spirit of coming home. Even on those days that just aren't that pretty.
Like life. We all have those "in-between-the-pretty" days. She still lets me live there and find the beauty on those days.
I've been spending a lot of time there lately. The world seems to be having an "in-between-the-pretty" time right now. But the beauty is still there. I saw it.
And I felt her spirit, still alive and well.


3 comments:

CDAD said...

Great photos! Congratulations! Hugs...

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! Places like these are truly peaceful interstices between the hubbub. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo.

That place looks like a gem...