My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Spirit of the River



I think everyone finds a place in the world where they feel at peace. Where the tranquility seeps into your bones and makes you forget that anything could possibly be wrong with a world that has so much beauty in it. The Polder did it for me.

I had no idea what a polder was, quite frankly it sounds like a new way to cook chicken. I had to look it up. Now it makes sense.

This is one of the first shots I took there, quite by accident. Driving across a bridge on the way back to the highway, I looked to the east and almost drove off the road. Something you really don't want to do out there, the ditches are huge. Kiss that paint job goodbye.

I kept going back, she kept letting me. I kept snapping pictures, she kept gifting me with some of the best shots I have ever done. It's really not about me and a camera anymore, it's about her. Her spirit, her essence. I still go back, and she still embraces me. Go figure...a polder stole my heart. And made me fall in love with photography. Some things are so meant to be.

All you need to do is add water. It's so simple.

0 comments: