My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Monday, August 20, 2012

Best Places to See in BC - Old Growth Trees



There are still some old
growth trees here in British Columbia.
I won't get into the political and
economic halabaloo
regarding the logging of these
giants.
What I will say is
every single person needs to be near one of
these behemoths once in your lifetime.
To stand near one is awe inspiring.
To actually touch one brings you
to an understanding of how really
really huge they are.
And how important their presence is
on our planet and in our lives.

BC is home to some of the
most astounding old growth forests,
or more accurately what is left of them.
I found this beauty along east Harrison Lake.
Right next to an active logging camp.
I can only pray that she remains intact.

I, for one, feel honored to
have been in the presence
of these giant trees.

 To see other photos
from fabulous British Columbia
please visit my other website:
karencooperdesigns.ca

0 comments: