My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Monday, September 21, 2009

Sunset over Pitt Lake, BC, Canada



Every once in awhile in life you have
a moment that stretches into infinity.
Or infinity becomes the moment, time
ceases to have any meaning
and life just seems more than perfect.
I watched an evening coming to end
and had one of those moments,
or one of those infinities.
I know it sounds flaky
and weird. You had to be there.
The whole world happened in the
time it took the clouds to collide into each
other.
I thought I had stood watching this
for a few minutes, when I finally
looked at my
watch , more
than two hours had passed. I have
no idea where the hours went, or where I
went in those 2 hours.
I know I came away changed, and
totally at peace.
The perception of time is something we humans have
to put on our lives.
Putting measurable walls around us
allows us to view the world
from a place that does not allow
total involvement.
Mother Nature constantly reminds us
that we need to allow ourselves to
experience it in its whole.
All you need to do is watch a sunset.

7 comments:

Stephanie V said...

That's the thing about being all by yourself with Nature. You come away changed each time without knowing exactly how it happened.
Your colliding clouds are very beautiful.

Karen Cooper said...

Hi Stephanie .. you are right, you come away changed. Thank you for stopping by. :)

S-V-H said...

This is beautiful sunset and incredible clouds, Karen! How is life going? I hope everything is fine!

We stopped traveling one month ago and are living again in Florida, actually in Melbourne, at the Space Coast.... :)
Susanne

DiamondVVV1 said...

Hi Susanne, great to see you my friend! I look forward to hearing about all your travel adventures!

india flint said...

nothing flaky and weird at all, my friend. i read somewhere recently that some guy cam a talk and he was telling about how if the stars only came out for one night in a century [or similar] we'd all be out there up all night gazing at them in wonder. and as it is, he said, they come out every night...and most folks are glued to the TV. wish i could remember his name so as to cite him properly.
but you get the drift.

india flint said...

oh, the joys of dyslexia.

the word 'cam' above should read 'gave'.
sigh.

Karen Cooper said...

Thanks india .. I too suffer from the dreaded "finger-fumble" so not a problem. :)