My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Frost & Snow


Not only is it frosty in Vancouver right now, its snowing.

I love how the snow makes everything seem different. New and fresh and clean somehow. And makes people seem more cheerful. Except the folks that have to drive in it, of course. Its not much fun slip sliding your way through an obstacle course of unpredictable obstacles.

British Columbia has to be one of the most diverse places on earth for scenery. There are so many mountains that its hard to keep track of the names of all the peaks. There is the Pacific Ocean for a backdrop; there is an incredible variety of landscapes, from rivers to rain forests. There is a peace here that seeps into your very soul, a sense of belonging to something bigger, and better.

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see how Mother Nature has transformed her world into something ephemeral.

8 comments:

Skrapping Alley said...

Fabulous to wander through your site again. Beautiful photos
Best wishes for the festive season
KoKo

S-V-H said...

I love these frozen leafs, Karen! Nice shot and I'm looking forward to your snowy landscape pictures :)

Sue's Daily Photography

Karen Cooper said...

Nice to see you KoKo, thanks for wandering around Boots!

Karen Cooper said...

Hi Susanne, nice to see you here. Its been snowing so some landscape shots will be coming up soon, once I get unfrozen!

Kathy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your photography is just beautiful! I just got back from taking a few photos of the snowy landscape on this gorgeous sunny day here in Vancouver. I will be posting the photos later today. Stop by and visit again sometime. It's nice to meet you and I will be sure to check out some more of your photos when I have a little more time. :o)

Terry said...

Thanks for visiting 'terryography' and leaving your kind comments. BC has to be the most photogenic place on earth, but you still need a good eye to photograph it. You have that ability. Very nice images.

Unknown said...

Kathy
Great site. I have added you to my list of favorites. I've lived in the Lower Mainland for almost 40 years and you have shown me some places that I didn't know about.
Best of the season to you and yours

Karen Cooper said...

Kathy, Terry and Robin, thanks so much for the lovely comments and stopping by.

All the best for the holidays to you and yours.