My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Friday, March 30, 2007

The Forest Floor in Spring




Spring in British Columbia.
 What a great time to get out and absorb the treasures Mother Nature shares with us. In between those intermittent "showers" that have been causing landslides in the area.
I didn't know there are actually different kinds of landslides. They all seem to be somewhat destructive. What I find hard to accept are the man-induced landslides. The kind that are caused when man interferes in the balance of nature.
We've all seen it no matter where we live on this earth. We've seen the newscasts and heard all we can absorb on global warming and the consequences. Scary stuff.
I prefer to look around on the forest floor and discover those tiny new worlds that are constantly being exposed to us. The small things in life ...... new microcosms. Lofty new age stuff. Whatever works.
I can only handle so much "reality" of what we have done to our home here on earth. I have come to the conclusion that I cannot save the world. No matter how much I want to ... I cannot change the very essence of man. But I can change my own little world and make everything right in it ..... and share what I have found. After all, what is reality, but what me make it.
I end up with more questions in life than answers.

0 comments: